It is everyone’s dream to have beautiful hair. Women spend hours at the hairdresser and beauty shops, as well as with home styling. The most important thing to care about for beautiful hair is actually your scalp. This is where many hair problems begin or are prevented. Here are 5 strategies for a healthy scalp and beautiful hair.
1. Brushing your hair: Never tear at your hair when you brush it. Give it firm but gentle strokes. The old adage of giving your hair 100 strokes is not wrong; in fact it is very good for your hair. It increases the blood flow to your scalp, gets rid of old dead skin cells and supplies the hair with sebum. Always brush your hair before you wash it.
2. Massaging your scalp: This is done using the tips of your fingers and making circular movements. You should do this on a daily basis. Doing a daily massage will bring the blood to your scalp and help to lubricate your scalp and hair roots.
3. Washing your hair: Try not to wash your hair daily. This will dry out your scalp and stimulate your sebum glands which will tend to make your hair too oily and irritate your scalp. Always be careful when choosing a shampoo. It should match your hair type. Remember what works for your best friend may not necessarily work for you. When washing your hair do not pile it up - always let it hang down when shampooing and work the shampoo down to the ends. Prior to applying shampoo, wet your hair with warm water using a gentle force of water from the shower. Massage the shampoo into your scalp and gently rub it into your hair. Rinse with warm water, not hot, and handle hair gently to remove shampoo. When you use your conditioner just apply to ends and roots of your hair. Towel dry your hair gently and air dry. Do not sleep in wet hair and never brush wet hair.
4. Conditioning: Use a conditioner after you shampoo. Apply the conditioner to the ends to stop them from drying out. A small amount of leave-in conditioner and weekly conditioning treatments will also help tokeep your hair in the best possible condition. Tangles and knots can be controlled with a good conditioner. Every week try to apply a deep conditioner. Coconut oil is good for this purpose. Wash your hair and then apply your conditioner. Wrap your hair in a warm towel, to open the hair follicles, for 10 minutes. Then rinse twice, first with warm water to rinse off the conditioner and then with cool water, to close the hair follicles.
5. Trimming your hair: This should be done every 6 weeks for short hair and 8 weeks for long hair. This will stop split ends from building up and stimulates your hair to grow. You hair will be more manageable.
When you take care of your hair you will be taking care of your greatest asset. It will ensure that you have lovely locks for every occasion.